A big thank you goes to TwinMomLife: A Parenthood Journey for nominating my blog for a Liebster Award! Of course, I gladly accept. It’s a fun way for bloggers to get to know one another and to support new blogs. Here is the origin of the Liebster award if you’re interested. If you accept the award, you should:
*Link back to the blogger who tagged you
*Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
*Write ten questions for the bloggers you nominate and let them know about their award
Here are my questions and answers from TwinMomLife:
- In which country/state do you live? What is one positive and one negative about your state? I live in Colorado but am originally from Texas. I love the mountains here and the outdoor adventures like skiing, camping and hiking, but I’m not a fan of the freezing temps and the snow we endure in the winter.
- What brought you to the blogging world? Has your blogging changed course at any point in time? I started blogging to help me find the humor in the midst of the chaos and stress of having twins. I blogged for about two months when my twins were tiny, took a little over a year off when they started crawling (imagine that!) and got back to regular blogging back in September. I wouldn’t say my style or audience has changed, but I think I am much better at coming up with ideas for posts and writing more often than I used to be.
- What is your favorite baby and/or pregnancy and/or comfort item? Hard question! During pregnancy, I loved to float in a warm therapy pool to take the strain of carrying twins off of my back. (Does that count as an item?) When my girls were tiny, my favorite thing was the swing with a sound machine. That thing saved us all many times!
- What was the highlight of your 2013? 2013’s big moment was probably weaning my girls at 17.5 months. That was a huge accomplishment for all three of us! I also think it was a year in which I started figuring out how to enjoy staying home by finding time to do things that were just for me (like blogging). Just watching my babies grow into toddlers, though, was probably a highlight and the best part of the year.
- What is your big goal for 2014? I’d love to focus on my writing and have some posts published on a few bigger parenting sites. I’d like to work hard enough on my writing to be able to find a possible paid writing position. I have a long way to go to keep building a strong portfolio.
- You’re stuck in major traffic. What are you listening to for stress relief? Some modern Christian music on KLOVE or some good ol’ country music. 🙂
- What’s your idea of a great date night? A relaxing dinner somewhere with a beautiful view and a patio, followed by a long walk somewhere under the stars. End it with a stop at a quiet little coffee shop or dessert place. Anything quiet and toddler-free for a few hours is always nice!
- Is your blog anonymous or do you tell your friends & family in the real world about it? It’s very public and shared with family and friends. I don’t think I’d enjoy it as much if it was anonymous as it’s a big part of my social connections now that I’m home full time.
- Who is your hero? Another tough question…both of my parents and my husband are my heroes! They all encourage me and help me navigate life in their own ways. Now that I am raising kids of my own, I have a new appreciation for my mother and the things she did so well while raising my brother and me. She always has fabulous advice to help me navigate through the deep end with my toddlers.
- What’s a topic you’ve been wanting to write about but just haven’t had the time, or weren’t sure how to write it or if it was “appropriate”? Hmm…because my blog is public and read by my friends and family, I have to make sure write through a filter of what I’d like to come up in daily conversation or at Christmas dinner. I’m not much of a pot-stirrer, and I’d rather not get in an argument at the grocery store or while eating turkey and dressing because of something on my blog. I’ve contemplated having an anonymous second blog just to let my sarcastic side have an outlet!
So here are my questions for my Liebster nominees. I really liked the questions I answered from TwinMomLife, so I recycled a few of her questions:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- Is your blog anonymous, or do you share it with friends and family?
- If you had a day with no responsibilities and unlimited resources, what would you do?
- Do you have any personal goals in 2014?
- Do you have any blogging goals in 2014?
- What is your favorite thing (other than blogging!) to do in your spare time?
- How would your friends and family describe you?
- What is your favorite book, and why is it your favorite?
- How do you come up with ideas for your blog posts?
- What is one thing you’d like your blogging audience to know about you?
And finally, here are my nominees for the Liebster award! I tried to choose newer blogs which I enjoy reading which don’t have a huge following yet AND which I didn’t see nominated for a Liebster award by the blogs I follow. If you accept, remember to tag me in a post, answer my questions, nominate 10(ish) bloggers and ask them 10 questions, too!